Tuesday, April 1, 2008

WCF Security - Long way to go!!

I had been hibernating and hence no posts from me in a while - now if you are wondering as to what I was upto during my hibernation, let me clarify, NO I was not wondering about meaning of life or finding ways of "Moksha". I have postponed those things for couple of years.

Infact I was deep diving in WCF security space, and we have recently released some cool WCF guidance on codeplex as part of our patterns & practices WCF Security Guidance Project.

The goal of this project is to find the key combinations of security practices for WCF that work for customers and share them more broadly. At a high-level, you can think of the project in terms of these main buckets:
  • Application Scenarios - These are whiteboard solutions for common end-to-end application scenarios.
  • How Tos - These are step-by-step instructions for performing key end-to-end tasks.
  • Building Codes - These are our sets of rules and practices. This includes Guidelines, Checklists, and Practices at a Glance.
  • Reference - This includes Explained, Cheat Sheets, and Q&A guidance.
We are yet to go long way and are determined to come-up with a killer guide, nonetheless its a good start, would really appreciate if you could provide feedback on the guidance released on codeplex.

~Later

No comments: