The three main categories of guidance distribution are Peers, Teams and Organization.
Peers - Guidance Explorer allows you to share individual guidance items or collections of guidance in a variety of formats
- XML Formats - GE allows you to Export individual or collection of items in XML format, which can be imported by other users in their instance of GE.
- HTML Format - GE allows you to Save individual or collection of items in HTML format, which you can share with others not using Guidance Explorer.
- Word Doc - GE allows you to save individual or collection of items in Word doc format which you can share and can be printed and used offline
- Views - You can export a particular view as a library, which will include all the guidance items referenced by the view.
- Folders - You can export a folder as a library, which will include all the guidance items from the views and folder structure within the folder.
- Library - You can export your team specific library, which will include all the guidance items within the library.
Organization - Organizations can share libraries by publishing them to a UNC or HTTP location so that team members can subscribe to them. Once subscribed the Guidance Explorer user, if connected to the network, will always see up to date content for that library. When offline, the user can view the version of the library cached on the local file system.
With this post, I have covered all the major areas of GE. Hope this has been helpful and inspires you to start using GE and leverage all its cool features!!