Friday, March 9, 2007

Lunch at Piecora's Pizza

Since the time I started working with JD, we have made a point to lunch at Piecora's Pizza on Fridays. Well of course we don't make it all the time, but whenever we do, we are not only chewing on our garlic bread and mouth watering pizza, but grinding our gray cells as well. We not only reflect on what we achieved through the week, but also do some soul searching on improving ourselves, do some technical discussions etc. It's one thing I always look forward to, now I know the real meaning of TGIF!

Today was one of those days, as happened, between my chicken + jalapeno pizza bites, I was complaining about not being able to improve on my soft skills especially my networking skills. In response JD gave me insights about his "30 days sprint" which he has applied for his 30 days of living foods


I liked the concept, 30 days of commitment for improving an area, be it your soft skills, day job skills or for that matter even blogging!! Things you have been postponing or starting and stopping in fits, qualifies for the "30 days sprint". The basic idea is choose a area / focus you really want to improve and commit to work on it for 30 days. Sounds simple, isn't it!!

The reasons why it works, you are not committing to longer time duration and hence its easy to accept (the hard part) and implement. At the same time its long enough time, to use different techniques and methods to work on the focus / area to really make the difference. You may not be 100% satisfied with what you achieve in those 30 days nonetheless you ought to walk away wiser and confident with your achievements.

Inspired by the discussion, I have already started my "30 days sprint", you will know the focus area when you see "Prashant V2.0" after 30 days.

~Later

No comments: